The three winners of the Office giveaway are allthewine, CDP, and j*amy.
Email me at lady.luck.05(@)gmail.com with your address by Sunday. Congrats!
And now...a meme! This one comes tagged from Stephanie Perkins. I've just recently started reading this blog and she's so hilarious and insightful. Plus, she's a librarian and a writer, so naturally we're friends.
1. What are your nicknames?
I've answered this before. But since you asked so nicely... Gretch-a-sketch, Gretch, Gretcher, Gretchie, Fetchin' Gretchen, GretchieGAL, Gretchizzle, and Hen.
2. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
My mom probably bought The Lion King for me, but it's the first one I can consciously remember waiting for. I was eight and I knew the exact release date. Some things never change.
3. What is your favorite scent?
If I had access to Amorententia, I'd smell laundry soap, brownies, and rain on the desert dirt.
4. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
Either Chicago or Seattle. Probably Chi-town. Chicago bloggers, I love your city. I just needed you to know, once.
5. Do you trust easily?
Why are you asking me all of these questions?
(In all seriousness, I don't trust easily, but once I do, it's unwavering.)
6. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?
I'm a thinker. I try not to be sometimes, but I can't help it.
7. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
Oh jeez. You don't really want me to unload right now. Uncertainty sums it up pretty well.
8. Do you have a good body image?
I'm female. Enough said. ("It's as if the Dove commercials never happened!")
9. What is your favorite fruit?
Fresh peaches, strawberries, clementine oranges, and Asian pears.
10. What websites do you visit daily?
It's ridiculous how many. But I couldn't live without twitter.
11. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
Window shopping for boots online, buying STUFF, and banana peppers.
12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
She appreciates the Hot British Man, which I think is enough to vouch for the character of a person. Stephanie's the kind of person I meet on the internet and think, "Wow, we'd so be friends in real life."
13. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
OneRepublic's "Apologize" (Getitoutgetitoutgetitout)
14. What's your favorite item of clothing?
Pac-Man pajama pants represent!
15. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
Oh man, that sounds good right now. Yes. Yes, I do.
16. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
Turn it in. I'm a good girl, I am! (But for fun, let's just say I didn't have to turn it in. I've got this ever-growing bookmarked list of "Things I Want" and it would go towards a magical pair of boots.)
17. What items could you not go without during the day?
I get the shakes when I don't have access to the internet.
18. What should you be doing right now?
So, so many other things than this. At this exact moment, I should be cleaning the bathroom, which is the bane of my existence. We have guests tonight, so I can't procrastinate either. Boo!
I'd like to see this from Melissa, Melina, Carla, Q, Alishka, and Ashley.
Happy first weekend of Rocktober! (And thanks to Maxie for introducing me to the term "Rocktober.")