1. The Sports Page--It's the one time I actually fight for it.
2. The Beijing Water Cube--So simply designed yet visually impressive, especially when it's lit up.
3. Michael Phelps' Shoulder Blades--That arm twist thing he does makes me weak at the knees. Also, I'm dying to know what's on his playlist.
4. The Star-Spangled Banner--When it starts to play and the flag raises up and the Olympian sings along...just wow.
5. Shawn and Nastia--Really, I love watching the frenemy dynamic of the girl's gymnast team.
6. The Commercials--For the first week, at least. By the second week, I'm all "Another ad for Home Depot? COME ON!" But I'm never going to get sick of the United Airline ads with Gershwin music.
7. Highlights On The Olympiads--Kirsty Coventry is so my new girl crush.
8. Ryan Lochte's Hair--Love.
9. Past Olympic Memories--I've been thinking back to the 2002 Olympics in SLC. It was a great distraction from an otherwise lousy time in my life. I was lucky enough to be there when the USA Women's Bobsled Team brought home gold.
10. Watching People Watch The Olympics--For two reasons...
a) All of a sudden, everyone in the room is an expert on whatever sport's on the tube. "Oh, she should not have done that last half-twist at the end. What was she thinking?"
b) I'm a pretty passive sports-watcher, but during the Olympics I get seriously into it, as does my family. We're talking edge-of-the-couch, yelling-at-the-tv fans: "PICK UP THE PACE, SONI!" Even when I'm just by myself, I still throw pillows at the tv.