I caught myself thinking the other day, "Man! I can't wait to finish up school so I can finally have time for a Tumblr Blog!" Sad, but true. Here's where you guys and gals come in--I'm undecided on a name. I believe in rocking the vote, so I'm going to employ the tried-and-true "pick your favorite" method. Also! I'll pick a random entrant to win a pair of gorgeous typewriter key earrings. (Details below.)
Here are my current choices for a title.
1. Ink In My Veins--I've had this quote from C. Astrid Weber rolling around in my head for a long time. "The coroner will find ink in my veins and blood on my typewriter keys." I love the imagery and it seems appropriate for the giveaway.
2. Tantalize--Simple, but also evocative. If I had my own perfume, I'd want it to be named this.
3. All Things Bright--It's a good allusion to Cecil Alexander. I also like that your brain just automatically fills in the "and Beautiful" without the words actually being there.
4. Set To Stun OR Set To Stunning--It has both a sci-fi and fashion flair. I'm so there. (Unintentional rhyme.)
5. An Everywhere of Silver--After my favorite Emily Dickinson poem.
6. Ampersand Girl--Elisabeth said it would make a good superhero name. I have to agree and thinks it suits me.
7. ???--Suggest your own!
I want a Tumblr Blog to post things like pictures, quotes, music, stuff I wish I could buy, and cool articles. It fills the space between twitter and blogging. In other words, I get more than 140 characters but I don't have to worry about cluttering my blog with stuff that's ultimately unrelated to my life. I'd like it to be classy, edgy, and maybe a tad bit haphazard at times. It also means I can focus on writing better content for my real blog. I'm excited to see what you guys think.
1. Leave your favorite title in the comments.
2. Anyone can enter. Yes, anyone. Anywhere in this whole wide world.
3. If you don't have a blog that will allow me to get in contact with you, please leave a valid email address.
4. I'll pick the winner using random.org.
5. The post will close to new comments at 5 P.M. MST a week from today. (July 28, 2008)
6. The winner will be responsible for providing me with a shipping address within three days of being notified or a new winner will be drawn.
7. The winner will be the proud owner of these fantastic Vintage Typewriter Key Earrings. (In white or black and with the letter or number of your choice.)
The people at QA Create make hand-made jewelry that's cunning and lovely. They offer free shipping in the United States, which is incredibly nice.
If you don't happen to win then you can still get 10% off your purchase using "Gretchen" as your coupon code. (How excited am I to have a coupon code in my honor? Pretty freakin' excited, that's what.)